Tuesday, February 1, 2011

OBIEE 11g error EM-02694

OBIEE 11g FAILED_TO_SAVE_CREDENTIALS Error: em-02694

Recently while changing he default repository in Oracle Enterprise Manager I received this error EM-02694. I was not able to save screenshots and was not able to replicate this error so I will describe the scenario below:

1.     I logged on http://localhost:7001/em
2.     In the domain;  Business Intelligence>coreapplication
3.     Repository tab under Deployment tab.
4.     Clicked Lock and Edit Changes - successful
5.     In the Upload BI Server Repository section I browsed to the new repository I want to bring online and gave password information.
6.     Gave the required Catalog location under Presentation Service Repository section.
7.     Clicked Apply. Successful.
8.     Clicked Activate Changes at the Change Center.

At this point I received the following error.

Message ID: EM-02694
Message Level: 1
Argument 1: DOMAIN;FAILED_TO_SAVE_CREDENTIALS
Component: AdminServer
Module: oracle.sysman.emai.view.bi.impl.ProgressDialogHelper
Message: Supplementary information regarding operation: DOMAIN;FAILED_TO_SAVE_CREDENTIALS

I tried several times to change the repository without any success. I tried going back SampleApp repository even that failed with the same error. I was not able to find any documentation and help online. At the end restarting Weblogic and all other BI services did the trick and I was able to successfully upload new rpd.

Cheers,
Deepak

2 comments:

  1. have the exact problem; any solution?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just Add the Environment Variable :
      'BI_ORACLE_HOME' in the OBIEE Installed Server.
      path wud be like :
      c:/OBIEE_installed/Oracle_BI1.
      Resolved the Issue for me.

      Delete