OBIEE Interview Question: What are the new features added/changes made in OBIEE 11g compared to OBIEE 10g?
There are a lot of enhancements in the OBIEE 11g as compared to OBIEE 10g. Here are few points to talk during an interview:
- OBIEE 11g uses WebLogic Server as the application server as compared to Oracle AS or OC4J in OBIEE 10g.
- The clustering process in much easier and automated in OBIEE 11g.
- We can now model lookup tables in the repository.
- The new UI called Unified Framework now combines Answers, Dashboards, and Delivers.
- A new column called the hierarchical column in introduced.
- BI Publishers is fully and seamlessly integrated with OBIEE 11g.
- New time series functions PERIOD ROLLING and AGGREGATE AT are introduced.
- In OBIEE 11g we can create KPIs to represent business metrics.
- The aggregate persistence wizard creates indexes automatically.
- The session variables get initialized when they are actually used in OBIEE 11g unlike OBIEE 10g where they were initialized as soon as a user logs in.
- OBIEE 11g now supports Ragged (Unbalanced) and Skipped Hierarchy.
- You can also define Parent-Child hierarchy in OBIEE 11g as well.
- SELECT_PHYSICAL command is supported in OBIEE 11g.
In OBIEE 11g there are some changes in the terminology as well.
- iBots are renamed as Agents.
- Requests are renamed as Analyses.
- Charts are renamed as Graphs.
- Presentation Columns are renamed as Attribute Columns.
There are of course a lot more changes and updates but these are few that you can talk about in an interview. More information is available here and here.